A blog about finding and keeping my 1973 Mustang Grande (V8 - 351C 2V). Produced on July 6, 1973. Sold in Florida, USA.

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

The baby blue hardtop

So I'm out there, looking for my own car now. I'd love a '73 Mustang, not necessarily a Mach 1. There are not too many Mustangs for sale that are in drivable condition.

I saw an ad for a '73 hardtop and today I went to look!

That's it. Not looking as hot as in the pictures with the ad. When we arrived I just saw the owner drying the back window with a towel, on the inside... Red alert!

So I really took my time inspecting the car. I brought a colleague as backup and I photographed all the bad things I came across to have another look when I came back home. This crack in the windshield didn't make me happy.

Rusty pockets in the trunk...

Inside it smelled damp. And you could see that it was damp because there was condensation on the inside of the meters. That seemed very bad to me! Another big disappointment.

Apart from rust in bad places the interior wasn't in great shape either. This piece is hard to replace I believe. My colleague and I also think that this car was involved in an accident that caused this crack because the hood of the trunk was funny as well. It was out of alignment with the rest of the body. Very odd indeed.

I had seen enough to know I wanted to pass on this car. It's good for someone who wants to buy it for maybe 2000 and then spend a lot of money on a full restoration but I don't have the knowledge or place for something like that.

I felt a bit crushed after my first viewing, bad start.

No comments:

Post a Comment