A blog about finding and keeping my 1973 Mustang Grande (V8 - 351C 2V). Produced on July 6, 1973. Sold in Florida, USA.

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Removing LPG parts / installing a new air cleaner

The ugliest part of my LPG kit is the air cleaner. It also sits on top of the carb and I need to know the type so the air cleaner needs to go. And because the fuel valve (also part of the LPG kit) is screwed to the air cleaner, it's going as well!

Above you see the "before" picture. U-G-L-Y...

I removed the air cleaner and finally managed to figure out what carburetor I got: A Holley 80457-2. Nice!

It's gonna need a bath at some point though but for now I'm leaving it in place. One thing I wasn't happy about is that they removed the choke plate when installing the LPG, an unpleasant surprise...

Then all I needed to do was replacing the fuel hose and valve with a new bit of hose.

And why not? I mounted my new air cleaner. It fits perfectly!

Doesn't this look a hell of a lot better than before?

No comments:

Post a Comment