A blog about finding and keeping my 1973 Mustang Grande (V8 - 351C 2V). Produced on July 6, 1973. Sold in Florida, USA.

Saturday, November 17, 2012

The white Grande, part 1

Not many Mustangs to my liking have been for sale the past month and then suddenly I came across this one. I instantly liked it. So today I went to have a quick look. I was prepared to see loads of rust and broken bits etc. after the last two visits which had been so disappointing.

The owner is a farmer's son. I seriously don't know why he ever bought it. When he opened the door, the first thing I saw was the spot on the bumper where paint has chipped off and I thought "oh no, here we go again...". But then I looked more and closer and I couldn't find any serious rust and I started getting excited!

He let me start the car and drive it outside. I have to say that the very first time you turn the key in these babies is VERY special. It feels like firing up a tank! You feel and hear that V8 coming to life and you're hooked!




So I did my usual dance around the car making lots of pictures. I loved it! It seems to be in great condition and the owner ain't asking too much! The owner told me that it has been re-painted though so I'm gonna be extra careful.

I'll come back for a test drive I think...

No comments:

Post a Comment