A blog about finding and keeping my 1973 Mustang Grande (V8 - 351C 2V). Produced on July 6, 1973. Sold in Florida, USA.

Sunday, September 8, 2013

Sanding the front bumper

I'm going to attempt to try and spray paint (from a can) the front bumper myself. Part of having this car is to teach myself how it works and how to maintain it.

In earlier pictures you can see the damaged paint on the bumper. It's actually the worst looking part of the car so if it gets fixed my car will look a LOT better ;-) Upon closer inspection there were lots of places where the paint was coming off or it was cracked.

It took me 2 hours to sand the bad spots.

I used 180 grit for this.

Also I made sure the edges of the spots felt flat and smooth. You have to really pay attention and look for any loose bits around the edges.

The next stage is to wash and de-grease the bumper and then paint it.

No comments:

Post a Comment